In this work package, the validation concept will be developed. Based on this, a validation database will be established and a suitable validation tool will be developed. Based on the validation concept, validation data will be collected for the study areas. Specifications and requirements for the validation data will be developed in the validation concept at the beginning of the project. Subsequently, the results from work packages 4, 5 and 6 will be validated.
Collection of the validation data and implementation of the validation for the study areas is carried out in the respective federal states.
Involved Project Partner:
- Thünen Institute of Forest Ecosystems
- Joanneum Research
- Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL)
- Forest Research Institute of Baden-Württemberg (FVA-BW)
- Northwest German Forest Research Institute (NW-FVA)
- The Bavarian State Institute of Forestry (LWF)
- State Enterprise Sachsenforst (SBS)